G Holland & Son Funeral Directors Ltd was first established in 1902, when George Holland started the company by opening a hardware shop in the high street of Street. The hardware shop also catered for funerals.
In 1964, G Holland & Son Funeral Directors Ltd relocated to Vestry Road in Street. John Holland carried on running the hardware shop in the high street, while his brother Cyril Holland, carried on the business as a funeral director until he passed away in 2005. Cyril's son has worked for
G Holland & Son Funeral Directors Ltd for many years.
When the premises were built in 1964 in Vestry Road, Street, our mortuary was Street's very own Public Mortuary. This was used by the Police if they needed a post-mortem to be carried out by local physicians. We still use the mortuary to this day which is situated in our Chapel of Rest.
Suffered a loss? Unsure what to do next? Visit the Bereavement Advice Centre website.
Jane Bartlett, a mother of two and a grandmother, has worked for the company for over 20 years. Jane deals with all the aspects of the company's finances and dealing with the Monumental Masonary over the years has become more involved with arranging and Directing funerals and also with the Monumental Mason’s (Headstones) part of the business.
Patrick James Broughton joined the team over 10 years ago, starting his career with Holland's by bearing at funerals, dressing coffins and prepairing the deceased for families. Patrick now arranges funerals and has been directing funerals for a number of years. He is a devoted family man with 3 children and 2 Grandchildren, who understands how difficult times can be and is very empathic with families of the deceased.